Intermediate to Advanced Surfski Course
For canoe-kayak paddlers with foundational ski experience who are ready to up their game on Ocean Ski. We cover a wide range of vital ski-specific seamanship and paddling techniques for tougher conditions, when you’re ready for a more focused and proactive attitude.
Four practical sessions over two days to maximise you advanced ski handling and paddling including:
- Techniques – the balance of speed / effectiveness, efficiency and safety
- Pre-paddle warm up and routines to improve mobility
- Paddling drills for more speed, power, stability and confidence.
- Improving your beach starts
- Efficient paddling stroke for different wind and water conditions – in the boat and individually analysed on single and double sided ergo.
- Picking, catching and milking runners and groundswell
- Planning your training – and much more.