A general, practical introduction to surfski paddling for people with some experience of canoe or kayak who want to understand how to apply that to ski. A sound foundation of principles, safety considerations and plenty of practical techniques to take home and work on.
Four practical sessions over two days covering most aspects of ski handling and paddling including:
* Selecting equipment – the balance of speed and safety
* Pre-paddle warm up and routines to improve mobility
* Advanced remount for all conditions
* Efficient paddling stroke for different wind and water conditions – in the boat and individually analysed on single and double sided ergo.
* Wave formation – theory and practical application
* Accurately observe and analyse compound wave patterns
* Work more effectively with the waves available at any given time
* Planning your training – and much more